Image

Image

1.7.11

Trust in Whom? Trust in God!

Days left: 38

Well, it's first of July (Happy Canada's Day!) which means that summer has officially commenced. Whereupon that begins, it also means that my days limited and that I only have a certain amount of days and weeks until I have to leave. That also means that the month of July is really the only summer vacation I have. Let me tell, looking at room evokes a sense of apprehension and that I am anxious to start packing because that means it's a reality and I have to face it. However, that being said, I'm also excited because I am going to study at university in another country and that, my friends, means a whole lot of adventures!

Many of you have heard the maxim "Trust in God" I presume. And many of you are blithely unaware of what trusting in God really means. For a while, I assumed that trusting in God means that no matter what crappy situation is in front of you, God is in control and I have to trust that He will somehow turn this situation around. How that will occur, I have no idea but I have to trust. That can also be analogous to blind optimism. What am I standing on that my trust in God will not only be fulfilled but that He won't let me down? Nothing, that's what, and the thought of trusting in Someone I couldn't see or hear frightened me. Then, hearing the Word introduced to the definition of faith: having the confidence that what God says in His Word will come to pass and refusing any words that will contradict it; and trust: believing the Word and what God says in His Word regardless of the situation, regardless of the quandary, circumstance, or problem, and regardless of how bleak the conundrum may appear now. Just because nothing is happening right now doesn't mean that God isn't doing something. But I had to assume my responsibility; I couldn't just put in faith that God will do something or that Jesus will help me. I had to stand on something that when the wind blows, I won't sway or when I bend, I won't break. I needed to read the Bible so I know that God will never let me down, Jesus will never leave me nor forsake me, and that He always has my back. Trusting in God is not just "oh, Lord, something bad happened but I know somehow you'll use it for good". That is neglecting my responsibility and putting it all in God's lap. While God knows the end before the beginning, my faith in the Lord and confidence in what His Word says determines the end result. I need to trust that Isaiah 53:5 is a tangible reality even though it seems that the symptoms have increased; I need to trust that the Lord provides finances and employment opportunities even though the fish aren't biting; and I need to trust that Jesus will soften the hearts for the people I am praying for salvation. It's not just enough to say I trust God; I need to exercise it. That posed a giant test for me as I am preparing to go to the States for school and that I need to lean wholly on Jesus since I don't have my parents, no relatives, no friends that I've known since elementary school who can help me. I am literally alone in the sense that I know no one. But praise God, He is with me all the time and I know that I don't need to fear because He is with me, He gives me guidance and acumen, and most of all, He is by side, protecting me, guiding me, and loving me. Now, just because I have faith in that doesn't mean an opportunity won't arise to contradict that; in fact, God might warm me of such a circumstance, but then I will read a soothing Scripture and when that circumstance arises, I can move past it without it affecting me because my faith and trust lies in God.

How do I trust in God? It's a decision. I choose to trust God and Jesus and His Word more than what the world says or what the circumstance tells me or what other people tell me. I choose to trust that His Word is true, alive, and powerful. It's a decision, people, whether you are going to put more faith in His Word than your problems, because what you put your faith and trust in will eventually come to pass. Let me illuminate an analogy: if you fear that you will one day get cancer, you are putting your faith in your fear that you will eventually invite that sickness. However, if you put your faith that the Word is higher than my present problem and I choose to put my faith in Isaiah 53:5, guess what? No harm or injury will befall me. Where you put your trust and faith in determines your end product. This is not me talking; look at your own life, look at your previous circumstances and determine what won: your fear in what might happen or your faith in His Word. Trust in God wholly, completely, and absolutely and I assure you that if you do not doubt Him or His Word, you will out of the trial or tribulation unscathed and victorious.


For You are my hope; O Lord God, You are my trust from my youth and the source of my confidence. Psalm 71: 5


Cause me to hear Your loving-kindness in the morning, for on You do I lean and in You do I trust. Cause me to know the way wherein I should walk, for I lift up my inner self to You. Psalm 143: 8

And they who know Your name [who have experience and acquaintance with Your mercy] will lean on and confidently put their trust in You, for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek (inquire of and for) You [on the authority of God's Word and the right of their necessity]. Psalm 9: 10

So trust in the Lord (commit yourself to Him, lean on Him, hope confidently in Him) forever; for the Lord God is an everlasting Rock [the Rock of Ages]. Isaiah 26: 4

Offer just and right sacrifices; trust (lean on and be confident) in the Lord. Psalm 4: 5

O taste and see that the Lord [our God] is good! Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man who trusts and takes refuge in Him. Psalm 34: 8

The [uncompromisingly] righteous shall be glad in the Lord and shall trust and take refuge in Him; and all the upright in heart shall glory and offer praise. Psalm 64: 10

But my eyes are toward You, O God the Lord; in You do I trust and take refuge; pour not out my life nor leave it destitute and bare. Psalm 141: 8

Who is among you who [reverently] fears the Lord, who obeys the voice of His Servant, yet who walks in darkness and deep trouble and has no shining splendor [in his heart]? Let him rely on, trust in, and be confident in the name of the Lord, and let him lean upon and be supported by his God. Isaiah 50: 10

He who deals wisely and heeds [God's] word and counsel shall find good, and whoever leans on, trusts in, and is confident in the Lord--happy, blessed, and fortunate is he.
Proverbs 16: 20

He who leans on, trusts in, and is confident in his riches shall fall, but the [uncompromisingly] righteous shall flourish like a green bough. Proverbs 11: 28

[Most] blessed is the man who believes in, trusts in, and relies on the Lord, and whose hope and confidence the Lord is.
Jeremiah 17: 7

Trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) in the Lord and do good; so shall you dwell in the land and feed surely on His faithfulness, and truly you shall be fed. Psalm 37: 3

Commit your way to the Lord [roll and repose each care of your load on Him]; trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) also in Him and He will bring it to pass. Psalm 37: 5

When He was reviled and insulted, He did not revile or offer insult in return; [when] He was abused and suffered, He made no threats [of vengeance]; but he trusted [Himself and everything] to Him Who judges fairly.1 Peter 2: 23

It is better to trust and take refuge in the Lord than to put confidence in man.
Psalm 118: 8

Then shall I have an answer for those who taunt and reproach me, for I lean on, rely on, and trust in Your word. Psalm 119: 42

He shall not be afraid of evil tidings; his heart is firmly fixed, trusting (leaning on and being confident) in the Lord. Psalm 112: 7

Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but he who trusts in, relies on, and confidently leans on the Lord shall be compassed about with mercy and with loving-kindness. Psalm 32: 10

So that your trust (belief, reliance, support, and confidence) may be in the Lord, I have made known these things to you today, even to you. Proverbs 22: 19

No comments:

Post a Comment