Image

Image

14.2.11

Happy Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine's Day!
Yes, I do realize this is a cliched holiday; you either love it or hate it. I'm not against V-day, per se; it's just that while the media portrays that you need to have someone by your side, this holiday really does make you feel crummy if you don't have a boyfriend, simply because for about half a month, all you see in grocery stores are I Love You candies, teddy bears, chocolates, and other superficial, unoriginal paraphernalia. In fact, many fail to realize and understand the root of this holiday. Originating in ancient Rome, Valentine's Day actually started when a man, known by the name St. Valentine, went on February 14th and gave gifts to orphaned children. This was a rich man who genuinely loved God who wanted to spread love: true, genuine love. Yet another holiday starting to glorify God and ending in paganism. So, if you're like me--single with a capital S--, you will likely spend V-day watching chick flicks, pigging out with veggies (*scoff* not), and looking at the screen while the female protagonist falls in love with the charming, handsome male protagonist. Ah, the agony. The one day where the world has to practically scream to the world "I have a handsome significant other", the rest of the population wallows in self-pity at the realization that half of the world has someone whilst we have not. So, here are my 10 favourite chick flicks of all time.

1. The Notebook
2. Titanic
3. Pride & Prejudice
4. Dirty Dancing
5. Pretty in Pink
6. Roman Holiday
7. Just Like Heaven
8. Leap Year
9. A Walk to Remember
10. Prince & Me

And since I am boyfriendless (nothing to be ashamed of), my valentine is Ezra Fitz. Officially. Well, actually, my valentine is Ian Harding, the actor who plays Ezra Fitz on Pretty Little Liars. 







Isn't he dreamy? He's hot. Plain and simple. And for once, this is one Valentine's Day I'll actually enjoy. (P.S. Ian Harding, if you come across this page, please ignore my evident infatuation with you; it's nothing big. I'll probably get over when the real thing comes along, i.e., someone who is not famous.)

No comments:

Post a Comment